Wow, we're going through the same thing right now! DS hates school, isn't learning anything, and doesn't fit it. We have decided to homeschool him next year, and are trying to figure out when to pull him out of school. Here are some of my own pros and cons for pulling him out before the end of the school year.

Pros:
-An end to the daily struggle of getting DS to school
-We can start deschooling right away
-No more calls from the principal
-DS will no longer be angry at me for taking him to school
-DS will be happier, which will translate to the entire family being happier

Cons:
-DS has an IEP that won't be in effect in the fall if we pull him out now (i.e. we'd have to start over)
-Missing some end-of-the-year fun
-Risk not getting the grade acceleration the school has talked about (but not yet put in writing) (although if we are homeschooling next year this and the IEP point are probably moot)
-Will miss seeing one or two friends he doesn't see outside of school
-Younger sister may be envious

We have 20+ school days left, so it's not so easy to just "get through it." We're considering taking a lot of days off in the next month. DS will go to school on testing days (he loves the tests, go figure!), and can skip a day or two a week until the end of the year.

Assuming we do this (and don't just get fed up and quit next week!), we still will need to decide if we want to give school a shot in the fall. But hey, that's months away! smile