Grinity, I am sorry, but I defenitely did not want to make you think I was offended. It is clear that I have an old-school side regarding manners , but not as much as it can be stereotyped for France (may be it is not good English, sorry). But strangely, the older I am getting, the more open I am. ANyway, I am not a man who can easily feel offended, be quiet about that.

It is clear that we are more and more isolated due to my son. Personnaly, I always lived without taking any care about what the others think about me (my friends and family not being in the others). Nevertheless, DW is very sensitive to the others judgement and all the more as this judgement concerns her DS. I just tell her not to care about, but it is fruitless ... She prefers that we stay apart than meeting the others (anyway, she and I are not very good with social stuffs)

Originally Posted by Grinity
The weird thing about my son is that even though he could 'see right through' my praising his good behavior, he has such a deep yearning for honest, undisputable, sincere praise that he - eventually - gave up using manipulation to get that thrill of being noticed. What is fasinating to me about these children is how much they are 'many aged' at once - thinking at one age, behaving at another age, feeling at a different age

FOr the moment, my son do not show that thrill. Alas ! Maybe it will come one day. What you're describing as being fascinating is just confusing for me ...May be it is because is so young...

Thanks Grinity