Welcome Raoul - I think your English is excellent!

I have two 2e children - my ds is 12, and your description of your ds reminds me so much of my ds at 8 years old. I'm sorry I don't have much time to reply right now but I'll add a few quick thoughts:

1) Our ds was diagnosed at 8 (2nd grade). We had to tackle the issues that were caused by his 2e challenges before we put a lot of focus on his strengths. This seems sad in a way, but it's what he needed at the time. Our ds' largest challenge was writing - both handwriting and being able to express himself in written language. Those two challenges were making it impossible for him to be successful at school, and his frustration over school turned inward into anxiety and depression and panic attacks. So the first two-three years were full of figuring out accommodations and remediation and advocating over and over again at school.

2) I wish we'd tried to push for more challenging work for our ds in the areas of school he excels at and really loves (he's a math science kid). Because of all his 2e-ness, we didn't realize until he was in 5th grade (11 years old) that for years he'd been bored to tears listening to the level of discussion in his regular-level school classroom among typical peers. He would have benefited tremendously by being in a full-time gifted program with accommodations for his challenges, but we'd turned down a full-time gifted program because we felt it would be too much stress - still do! It's really tough knowing what to do with kids who have such wild discrepancies in abilities.

3) I'm not an enthusiastic fan of full-grade acceleration - or even subject acceleration for EG kids if it means they are in a class with a mix of non-gifted kids. I'm not saying I'd never do it - we have our ds subject-accelerated, and 90% of the time, it's a-ok for him, but there are other times when the pace is simply too slow. Radical acceleration might have been more appropriate for him and he could have handled it intellectually, but he couldn't have kept up with the writing demands in elementary school and we (parents) needed several years just to figure out what path to take re accommodations (ok, we're still figuring it out because things change every year!).

4) Are you sure your ds is ADHD? I don't mean to question and I hope you don't think I'm out of line in asking - the reason I ask is our ds was misdiagnosed with ADHD at 8 when really the symptoms that looked like ADHD were due to his undiagnosed disabilities combined with giftedness. If your ds responds well to the Ritalin then he's got ADHD so *please ignore* what I just said!

5) I've always felt like it was hard to get my ds interested in things. It is! He gets interested in what he is interested in, not what someone else finds for him to be interested in. That's ok (although it was annoying for me at times when he was younger!).

6) Since it sounds like he has dysgraphia, I'd start him keyboarding now - let him use whatever fingering he wants to on the keyboard, maybe just his thumbs and index fingers. If he is dysgraphic, eventually he'll most likely need to be using the keyboard for his schoolwork, and the sooner it seems like just a regular part of his life, the easier it will be to integrate it at school.

That's all I can think of right now - you might want to just go through a few old posts here on the 2e board to get a feel for what other people's experiences have been and how they've approached the world of 2e.

Best wishes,

polarbear