Originally Posted by JonLaw
I'm personally trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the next 30 years of my life, now that I'm 37.

My life is basically one big regret at this point, and it will probably stay that way for some time. I'm on the "empty life with no interests" career track.

I think that regretting all of your major life choices is normal for many people. I'm pretty much devoid of any purpose in life at this point beyond family. My major career goal is to not get fired or commit malpractice, so that I continue to draw a salary. I actually have very little interest in my own life.

Although life is better now than when I was in college and law school, where I basically slept, played computer games, read fiction, and ate pizza, having no interest in being either in college or law school.

If it makes you feel any better, I had wanted to be an attorney since I was 8, yet I still hate it. In fact, the only attorneys I know who actually enjoy the practice of law are a**holes that I wouldn't want to ever actually spend time with. I can't imagine a more soul destroying profession out there.