I agree with the young kid comments. My husband is a SAHD while I work and Boo is a few months off from 2yo. He is unbelievably curious, fiercely independent, and an all-around adorable P.I.T.A. We adore him, but, man, it's exhausting raising him. And I can't tell you how many conversations have come about from my husband being almost completely unable to do anything that uses his intellect. My daughter, on the other hand is 12. It gets harder in some ways, but for us, a lot easier in others. Mostly because she can actually do things independently, not just *want* to do things independently.

Originally Posted by MonetFan
And I haven't really known anyone who found the intellectual stimulation they crave at work, unless they are very lucky. Even in many educated professions, you don't always find that many people who are intellectually curious enough to live anything more than a shalow life of glibness. Just keep that in mind, since it might not really be work that you are craving.

This seems depressing to me. Sure, I'm not at full capacity - probably nowhere near full capacity, but I was hoping that at some point I could be. Well, darn. wink

asdgestalt.com - An autism and psychology discussion forum.