1. When did you first expected giftedness in your child?

I didn't call it "giftedness" at the time, but we knew DSnow6 was advanced pretty when he was a few months old. He was also a very early talker. I remember before he was 1, he was playing with a couple kids who were a bit older, and I can't remember what my DS said, but another mom said, "Did the baby just say that?!" When I really thought he was gifted was after reading an article about traits of gifted kids in the local paper, when DS was 3.

2. What milestones/traits (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social) really made you suspect giftedness? DS's verbal skills were extremely advanced, and he showed understanding of complex ideas at an early age. (I remember when he was 3, and I explained the rotation of the earth, he asked if all the people and the animals had babies, would the earth be too heavy to rotate? Then I suspected we might be in for an adventure with this kid!)

3. Did your child have any delays? If so what area (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)?

He couldn't jump up with both feet until he was probably 3.5 (or maybe he just didn't want to try! LOL). He still won't walk down steps one foot per step - he will step down with one, then put his other foot on the same step. He's very cautious, and so far has been behind in physical activities compared to agemates. For the most part, he's probably within the normal range of gross motor skills, but on the low end.

4. Is your child 2E? If they are did they have other signs besides the obvious, more quantifiable ones?

Not sure if this counts as 2E, but DS go to the speech therapist during kindergarten for 4 sounds he didn't yet have.

5. Has your child been tested?

Yes, when he was 4, he tested on the SB-V in the PG range. When he was 5, the school gave him achievement tests, also falling into PG range.

6. Is your child across the board gifted or quite asynchronous? If so what are his/her strengths and were they obvious from a young age?

DS is pretty globally gifted, though when he was 4 and younger, we thought him mostly verbally gifted as he wasn't interested in math, and his verbal abilities were way beyond his age. He taught himself to read by being read to, and by 3 was reading early chapter books like Frog and Toad. He's still not advanced in math as some of the kids on this board (he's about 2 years ahead), but when DS got to kindergarten, we focused on math for them to differentiate because that would be easier for them to see, which it was. Surprising to us, since his verbal skills are so advanced, the school staff didn't seem to notice DS's verbal abilities.

7. When your child was young (baby/toddler/preschooler), was their development fairly even or did they excel more in certain areas (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)?

As a baby, DS seemed to hit most the typical milestones at a typical rate, perhaps a bit early. But anything related to verbal/literacy was much earlier. His math skills developed before kindergarten and advanced quickly.