1. When did you first expected giftedness in your child? I was always blown away by DS6.5's milestones, but I had nothing to compare him to. It wasn't until he was about 18 months old, and in private care, that I really started to see the clues (and look back and see what I missed - like being the only 1 year old I know to request a fork to eat his first birthday cake).

2. What milestones/traits (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social) really made you suspect giftedness? The one thing that sticks out the most was that he knew the alphabet before he knew the song. All the kids his age (12 months) were just learning the song. He, on the other hand, recognized the letters first. His alertness and physical milestones were all earlier than most (other than walking which was 2 weeks before his first birthday). I also remember at 18 months going in for his checkup, and the pedi stating how many words he should have and what he should know, etc... and she was blown away by how far ahead of the "norms" he was.

3. Did your child have any delays? If so what area (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)? He had issues with handwriting. But I think it was his perfectionism that caused him the most frustration. He was writing/drawing so early, but couldn't always get his chubby fingers to do what his brain wanted them to.

4. Is your child 2E? If they are did they have other signs besides the obvious, more quantifiable ones? No, but he does have some OE issues.

5. Has your child been tested? Yes.

6. Is your child across the board gifted or quite asynchronous? If so what are his/her strengths and were they obvious from a young age? Apparently he's gifted across the board. Prior to testing, I would've said he's verbally gifted, but his scores in math prove that it's actually his strong suit.

7. When your child was young (baby/toddler/preschooler), was their development fairly even or did they excel more in certain areas (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)? He definitely excelled in his gross motor, verbal & literacy skills at a really young age (under 3), but the rest caught up.