1. When did you first expected giftedness in your child?

I didn't. I knew she had a great memory, but that was it.

2. What milestones/traits (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social) really made you suspect giftedness?

Looking back, she grasped mathematical concepts at a very young age. She understood fractions as a preschooler (while baking). She could skip count before she could really talk.

3. Did your child have any delays? If so what area (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)?

She was a late talker... about 3-3.5 before she could have conversations. Her gross motor skills were slow to develop. We found at a 4 that she was functionally blind in one eye and couldn't see well out of the other. With glasses, things improved quickly. Fine motor were super delayed as well. She did not read early, but that could be because the poor child couldn't see. Socially, she was VERY young and naive. Always seems younger than her peers.

4. Is your child 2E? If they are did they have other signs besides the obvious, more quantifiable ones?

Yes, she has ADHD. I think this, along with her visual problems, masked a lot of the signs of giftedness. The fact that she does as well in school as she does despite her ADHD should have tipped us off that something was up.

5. Has your child been tested?

Yes, just tested this spring.

6. Is your child across the board gifted or quite asynchronous? If so what are his/her strengths and were they obvious from a young age?

Across the board. Her memory is insane. I can't identify individual strengths, just whatever she chooses to do. If she is interested in what is being taught in math, then she excels. If not, she doesn't. It is like this in all subjects. Very frustrating.

7. When your child was young (baby/toddler/preschooler), was their development fairly even or did they excel more in certain areas (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)?

She was slow to do everything... roll over, crawl, walk, talk, etc. When she did start talking, it all of a sudden came in paragraphs. Nothing really stands out as being an area of excelling. Again, just the insane memory.

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery