DD13

1. When did you first expected giftedness in your child? 2 years.
2. What milestones/traits (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social) really made you suspect giftedness?
Not sure what category this fits into: She spelled her name out loud without looking at it & without having ever practiced or being prompted (Her name is Elizabeth). I had no idea she knew how to spell it.
3. Did your child have any delays? If so what area (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)?
Verbal skills. I was very concerned that she did not reach verbal milestones in her 1st 2 years. She made up for it, though, by speaking in ten+ word sentences when she did start talking.
4. Is your child 2E? If they are did they have other signs besides the obvious, more quantifiable ones? No
5. Has your child been tested? Yes; in 3rd grade.
6. Is your child across the board gifted or quite asynchronous? If so what are his/her strengths and were they obvious from a young age?
She is somewhat asynchronous; Her social skills developed slower than her intellect. She has strong math skills but they did not develop until she was challenged in 4th grade gifted class. In fact, her teachers were concerned that her would not be able to keep up in math. (HA!) Spelling has always been weak but not a hindrance.
7. When your child was young (baby/toddler/preschooler), was their development fairly even or did they excel more in certain areas (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)?
I don't remember much unevenness as a very young child. If she had a strength, it would have been in literacy. Her favorite toys were books.

Last edited by ginger234; 08/05/10 11:09 PM. Reason: add info to # 6

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. Walt Disney