1. When did you first expected giftedness in your child?
Age 6 after kindergarten testing. No adults Ided here (we are GT and have high scores late in life that would indicate that, but never really thought about it)

2. What milestones/traits (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social) really made you suspect giftedness?

NONE! ROFL - I really thought all kids were as verbal and intense as my kid. He understood fractions, multiplication, division before kindergarten as stand out items. Could do lego sets for ages 10 age age 4-5 independendly. Used the computer on his own from age 2.5

3. Did your child have any delays? If so what area (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)?

No

4. Is your child 2E? If they are did they have other signs besides the obvious, more quantifiable ones?

No

5. Has your child been tested?
Not full scale GT testing. He has 4 test scores of varying types that point to the HG+ to PG range

6. Is your child across the board gifted or quite asynchronous? If so what are his/her strengths and were they obvious from a young age?
When he was younger I considered him quite asynchronous. At age 9, he is really quite across the board gifted. He was a preschooler who was very independent about what he wanted to do.

7. When your child was young (baby/toddler/preschooler), was their development fairly even or did they excel more in certain areas (gross motor skills, fine motor skills, verbal skills, literacy skills, mathematical sills, social)?
Hmmm ... to me he seemed like the had the normal boy development. But now I can see maybe he had more normal, high energy, HG+ boy development.

I think this is an interesting exercise. But I do think the parents that frequent this board are a unique subset of the gifted community. There are definitely kids out there that fall through the cracks and have parents who don't have the resources to do the kind of research and follow up that the parents on this board do. My own parents were definitely like that. Both my brother and I had quite miserable elementary school experiences that didn't serve us at all. And honestly, I never knew why until my own child was IDed.