Thanks everyone whose answered so far and also to those who PMed me! Hopefully I can start putting all of this in one massive excel file by this weekend and then let everyone know the results.

Also, don't feel bad at all if your kid is young or you didn't notice signs right away. That's interesting too and let me know because I'll make note of it.

Originally Posted by MamaJA
Originally Posted by MegMeg
Originally Posted by Clay
It's NOT normal for a 2 yo to want you to read them 20 books a day

It's not? shocked

lol! For us, it got worse for my small girl when she started walking at 12 months because she could go and get more and more and more and more books for me to read.

I had to limit read aloud time to 30 minute stretches because my voice can't take anything longer.

We never made it to so many books because DD always gets stuck on a handful of books and we had to read them OVER and OVER and OVER again! Now it's normally one book per day that is read an infinite amount of time and we have to flip too all her special pages and read those pages over and over and over again (normally ones that have a word on them that she likes or really intricate pictures that she can try and figure out what all the things are). Oh, and then we have the inevitable tantrum after mom can only read the same book 50 times in a row...