Originally Posted by aeh
Tier 3 is more intensive individualized interventions. A minority of schools actually offer OG or Wilson reading as an RtI tier 3 intervention. An individualized behavior support plan would be tier 3. I'd put developing and monitoring a personal organization flow for homework completion and return in tier 3.

Hypothetically, tier 3 supports should be available to any student who needs them regardless of sped status, but in practice, demonstrating need for tier 3 interventions tends to put children onto the IEP/504 track.
Thanks, I've been researching this morning and had concluded the same thing. I think the interventions are more Tier 2-ish, but since they are being done for him, individually, perhaps that makes it Tier 3 (informally--we have not discussed RTI). I sensed the HS teachers are accustomed to doing these interventions, while the MS teachers are not. The difference between regular ed and gifted ed, perhaps?

I think he is being evaluated this time. I received different (more) paperwork to fill out and it refers to "screening as we begin to evaluate your child."