We have accommodations in 504 for:

1) teachers initialing planner
2) learning lab (study hall teacher) sends DS for initials if DS forgot to get them
3) teachers communicating with me each week
4) teachers keeping assignments in gradebook up to date (recording assignments made within 24 hours)
5) one extra class period (two days) to turn in assignments for full credit
6) Scan/email assignments

Twice already, DS has failed to bring home assignments he needed to work on over the weekend. One didn't fit in his backpack and was lost (and then found on Monday, with me going into school with him and retracing his steps).

The second (this weekend) is a project the student worked on in library on computers. DS says his is complete. Teacher told me in email it's complete. But DS was supposed to either submit it electronically for her to print OR send it home electronically for him to proofread/print. DS did neither, and claimed that he wasn't allowed to go to library on Friday, so that's why he didn't do it. My informed-hunch is he completely spaced it and didn't ask, or made the assumption that since they aren't usually allowed to go the library on Friday, he didn't ask or discuss this with the teacher.

I think this is the DS behavior that makes me the closest to just throwing in the towel.

This one, I can't help him fix, because students aren't allowed to use the library before/after school--so even if I marched him in, we couldn't get access.

I considered asking him to re-do the assignment from home this weekend but couldn't *quite* bring myself to do it. I've emailed the teacher and explained. If he doesn't get it home tomorrow (or submit it to teacher), I guess I'll just have to make him do it again.

I think he needs direct instruction/support at school (as in, an IEP goal) but since we don't have that--what can I do in the mean time?

I am 100% certain this is an attention/skill-based problem but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. And, worse, I can't even tell if he understands why this is problematic.