We do have RTI in our state; however, I don't know if RTI includes any actual pull-out or push-in services, or if it's all about the existing teachers trying interventions. Arguably, they are doing this with the accommodations. I think he needs an actual, trained, SPED teacher who understands the EF stuff because it is severe, and he is not responding whatsoever to the standard stuff--basically, what's happening right now is that I am over-functioning and teachers are accommodating and DS is still unaffected and not learning the organizational skills..........

RTI in our state has tiers...tier one is like you said the teacher trying easy things...tier two is more intensive and might include a teacher assistant or the teacher working one on one or in a small group on the intervention....tier three is most intensive. The idea if tier one works, hey great. If it doesn't, then you are going to keep giving more help until you find what works...many kids you can avoid IEP because you aren't waiting for them to get so far behind...you are giving them just the boost they need. Other kids it proves, hey, this is a significant skill deficit/disability and needs specialized instruction (and it isn't just a character flaw).