Fascinating discussion (that I missed while on vacation).

Giftedness didn't factor into family planning. We wanted two or three children close in age. We were lucky, and we have DS6, DD4, and DS3.

My eldest, our DYS, has been challenging in virtually all areas since he arrived (actually, before he arrived). I had a traumatic delivery as well... several life threatening events all at once.

I was afraid to get pregnant again and go through it all again, but I wanted more than one and I wanted them close so we went for it. Nineteen months later, DD was born. Her delivery was a dream. She slept through the night her first night on the planet. She is calm and sweet and easy going. Like someone said earlier, I don't know if she is pg or not but she's definitely bright and her EQ is worlds above most adults I know.

Then we had my youngest 22 months later. He's the most charismatic and easy going child.

Yes, I am just now feeling like things are getting easier. I'm coming up for air, but I'm happy with our choice. We have three smart, interesting, and entertaining little people. They have a blast together and their conversations are incredible.

My eldest remains a challenge, but he would have been a challenge without his siblings. At least now he has companions who are likely gifted as well.