I have two who are now DS7 and DD4. My son sounds similar to yours in that he was super active, intense and ate up every bit of my world outside of work. He was a high need baby and didn't sleep all night until he was 2. He always needed attention and was strong-willed. He was difficult to potty train and just as he was starting to get the hang of it, his baby sister came along. I fully expected to lose my sanity if the second one was as difficult and challenging as the first. I was naive about his giftedness though, so it wasn't a factor in family planning. His behavior was a struggle, so I expected the worst with doubling it. I now know this is classic behavior for gifted kids.

Then little sister was calm, easy and slept through the night at 2 weeks. She has been so easy to raise in comparison. Now they keep each other company and they always have someone to play with. It has been excellent for social skills. I don't think my daughter is PG like my son, but she is way more independent and has a much higher social emotional IQ.

I won't have any more kids. I'm happy with the 2 I have. I wouldn't risk having another PG kid. They are not the easiest kids to raise - lol! (Actually it's because I have terrible morning sickness and don't want to volunteer another 3-4 months of laying on the couch with nausea).

Mom to DS9 and DD6