Yes, the issues are directly comparable, as DD also still shows up as "highly gifted" even after a three year acceleration. The workload is also the greatest challenge for her, not the level of that work.

I don't think of this as derailing in ANY way. It's a discussion about different facets and experiences with this same issue, in my estimation. It's a series of interconnected problems that are obviously not unique, or we wouldn't all have such similar experiences.

Bostonian, she tends to chalk up such experiences to 'singularity/luck' or "I was just having a good day-- EVERYONE has good days once in a while." It doesn't seem to occur to her that no, not everyone seems to have "good" days precisely timed to coincide with every standardized testing experience they ever have. Or that even under what could only be construed as extremely adverse circumstances, scoring in the 99th percentile out of grade level anyway is... er... exceptional. We've not done much of the nationally normed stuff thus far because of problems managing her (hidden, medical) disability via formal accommodations. (It took College Board nearly twelve weeks to approve her for a series of accommodations this spring, and there was no way that she *could* test without them.)

Iucounu grin We love South Park-- DD most of all. (Probably ought to be embarrassed by that, huh?) My DD is also a HUGE fan of The Simpsons. She is Lisa.(But shhhh... don't tell her.)
And LISA...

Young lady, in THIS house, we obey the laws of Thermodynamics...
-- best quote EVER from The Simpsons. The full clip here:

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.