Originally Posted by Old Dad
I've come to the thought pattern that I'm unlikely to change the world and it's perceptions, even if I could I'm not going to devote that much time to it when I have my own child right in front of me with their own unique challenges and needs. Our solution is to take advantage of the typical gifted child's mind and sensitivities by teaching them some phycology. We’ve taught our children that everybody has their unique set of blessings and challenges and we all have a difficult time understanding somebody else’s gifts and challenges. When there is something we don’t understand people often jump to conclusions, those often being the simplist explanations, even if they are hurtful, negative, or plain rude. We’ve also taught our children that people will also often become attacking or demeaning when they feel defensive or put other’s down to make themselves feel superior. That behavior is simply showing a lack of self-confidence.

I guess, in short, take the high road, nothing good is going to come from anything else.

Yes!! smile smile As in, we can't change other people, but what we can change is how we react to other people.