Thanks Grinity, but in every life there are things that happen that create their own issues. I hope I can figure it out before it is over.

Just got back from Peter and the Wolf at Carnegie Hall. Now I am for exposing kids to things but...they had John Lithgow reading, in English and then in Spanish. By the time he finished the segment and the orchestra started again, kids were miles away in distraction. Good lesson in overload.

Where is the limit, when do you know you have reached it. Even though we try and not pressure our kids, not praise the achievement but the effort, they know. I mean we are here becaue they are not stupid. So when do they know it is OK to relax, when it is hard, to say so? Maybe many of you know because you have seen that. With my three year old, she walks away, like with the scooter, until it got easier with size.

A friend had her second round interview at one of the gifted elemnetary schools today. All kids (286) got 98th percentile or above, for 48 spots. Many people say it isn't right for their kid after the second round, too much pressure. Isn't this forum about those kids of kids. Isn't a school of all gifted kids the right environment?

Now I am rambling.

Ren

Ren