Ren,

If your post was in response to mine, I hope you didn't misunderstand me. I find it amazing that all kids applying to this school you talked about are in the 98th percentile. What I meant is that they need a better test to differentiate btw. all these kids. How else do they determine who is accepted? For example, DD9 just took an Explore test that helps to differentiate among the kids who test in the 95-99th percentile in regular grade achievement testing. Research has shown that there is variance even among the kids who score "gifted" and this test helps to highlight some of those differences. If my DD was applying to a school that everyone scored 98th percentile for entrance exams, I would like to know what kind of testing tool it is (IQ vs. academic) as I feel that although GT kids can be nurtured and molded, it isn't something you can inherently teach a child. There may be some bright (not GT) kids in the bunch that absorb a lot of information that may be a product of hot-housing. Not suggesting that this is the case, but a hypothetical question. Therefore an IQ test may be able to help differentiate there.

I hope I didn't come across the wrong way. I was more intrigued and just threw a bunch of questions out there out of curiosity. Sorry for rambling:)