Mia - I agree. I don't think my DS is even slightly academically competitive. He is just moving at his own pace with his own curiosity, as he is able. He doesn't pay attention to what other kids are doing. There are a few kids in his class that are more competitive (my book is harder than your book), but it doesn't seem to be GT related at all. I was like you in school. I definitely was not competitive or had a strong internal drive to do well. I just did what I had to do to get through. Had I actually been engaged and challenged in elementary school, maybe that would have been different.

I actually think the school Ren mentioned above sounds interesting in their screening process. Are they IQ testing preschoolers? I don't think they are necessarily looked for the most PG kids. It sounds like they are looking for a very bright child that fits a certain profile, since they require multiple interviews. Actually, some of the most PG kids might not perform well in an interview depending on how it's formatted. I could see this being a turn off to the parent of a preschooler and might not be a fit for every HG-PG child.