Sorry, forgot someone asked about the test for the gifted preschool. I had asked some questions before so I thought it was covered.

The elementary school run by Hunter College (not public but free) used SB4 I believe. I could be wrong and it might be SB5, but I think it is 4. Then they run a 2 hour group session to choose the kids they want. Looking for reasoning skills I have heard.

The public elementary gifted school used to also use SB but public pressure on the school board made them go to the OLSAT but they do not have a second round anymore. It is top scorers.

Competitiveness. I have been known to be competitive, but I was also a serious figure skater in past days. So I think if you are an athlete it has to be there. And there is a hidden need to win at strategic games. Just an internal pat on the back that I could win.

My daughter (is this inherited) is very competitive already at 3. I am trying to work with that because losing at Candyland can be very upsetting. Not running as fast as the child 4 inches taller can be upsetting. So this is something I am wroking on with her. Getting there in baby steps.

Ren