Just to piggy-back on the grading criteria, an 85% is a C at my children�s school

Despite the tough standards at their school, in many classrooms, grades are as much dependant on organizational skills and compliance to routine as by demonstrated understanding of the material. For example, it is policy that when a student is absent, they must find out what they missed from another student, not the teacher. This affects my kids, as well as others, because they are pulled out from class 2-3 times per week for band. Also, my son leaves his classroom everyday to take math with another grade. Both kids have received incomplete information from other students on occasion, however, my son�s classmates have proven routinely unreliable for complete accuracy. Additionally, depending on the teacher, a student loses between 10-50% for late work, which includes correct, completed assignments which are forgotten in homeroom class (often due to failure to anticipate classroom switches during pull-outs and IEP).

Searching,
Ensure your husband understands the criteria used for student evaluation when your future children enter school. It isn�t necessarily based soley on subject matter understanding and intelligence.