This is so fun to find people like me!

Yes, I lived though books--and I fully threw myself into whatever I read. When I was in college, every Christmas break I hid in my room and read all the Chronicles of Narnia, in chronological order of course! To me, I was actually in Narnia, and it always startled me when my mom would knock on the door to call me back into this world for dinner. I don't really remember having one person to whom I compared myself. I remember immersing myself in and experience every book I read. Maybe that's why I enjoy historical books so much--I always feel transported back in time and feel like I have experienced living there at that time.

Once I felt interested in doing missions work in other countries, I read a number of biographies of people who had done that. There were two women who had gone to Africa who really caught my attention, but I remember wanting to be like the woman who was married, and NOT like the one who was single!

My dd has been getting lost in fantasy books this year. I read most of them with her, and it is fun. She likes them because she loves to imagine herself with amazing powers like being able to fly. I'm having a hard time getting her to read a variety of books, though--she doesn't feel like she can exercise her imagination with historical or historical fiction or other types of books. I think she'd like to be a super-hero!