I think that was one of the big problems with my skip--no one followed my lead. I was happy with my class. The school was worried because I was so far ahead and that they would not be able to accomadate me (I think I may have had a pretty rigid teacher who wanted all her kids on the same page!). Anyway, I was asked if I wanted to skip after the decision was made and I agreed because I thought it sounded cool--it made me feel smart. Within a few weeks I regretted it (as soon as I had gotten up to the top of my new class) but it would have been too embarrassing to go back down. I was in a small town where everyone knew everyone and my skip was the "talk of the town."

So I suspect the skip was handled pretty sloppily. I don't oppose skipping in general, but I think it is good to think them through carefully and not just do them because you can (not that I am suggesting that that is what anyone here is doing). If DS ever was having problems that I thought a skip would solve I would consider one. He is just so happy and loyal to his class, and the school has been great about subject acceleration, it really hasn't been a problem.

Last edited by acs; 11/14/07 03:36 PM.