Currently we aren't faced with this decision but its something that I think is coming. DD is in 2nd grade but is anywhere from 2-4 grades accelerated in her subjects. Her school does a great job with working to keep high kids like dd challenged. She recently got into the GT program too, which Ive heard is phenomenal at her school. She is the youngest in her grade. She started school in CA and so was 4yrs old. We moved to NV mid K. Had she started school here she wouldn't have made the cutoff.

So my question is this; With regards to grade skipping...do you feel it has hurt them at all socially? Is it hard on them to be the youngest in their class? As it is, dd will start her senior year in HS at 16, graduating at 17. My dilemma with this is how it will affect her at the HS age if she does skip. I'd hate to have to say "No, you cant go out with your friends, no you can't go to the prom etc" because of her age. And will her age make it hard for other HS kids to associate with her? kwim? I just dont want to isolate her and take away some of those things that are a part of HS. How do you deal with that issue?