Maybe this is where the difficulty lies for me, Trinity. dd is very comfortable in her skin. She knows that she is different than other kids intellectually. There are times when she'll tell me that she just doesn't understand the way some kids think and act. We always tell her that every child learns in different ways and at different paces and to be patient with those who don't/can't understand things the same way that she can. She's very confident, is a leader in her class, and knows the entire teaching staff at school. They love her but then again she has always related well to adults. She does have days where she reverts a bit, and the immaturity shows. (I know they all do that! haha) There are many areas where she acts just like a 7 year old would and should. I think she could handle skipping grades and we would always take our experiences with her and make an informed decision if the situation of skipping every arose.

I think whats hard is I feel the burden of making the right choice or not! But you are right, sometimes following their lead is all you can do. Thanks for talking this out with me. It might be a bit premature but I tend to be a planner and like to be very thorough in my decisions. (to the point of over-thinking sometimes!)

This was a thought that came up after reading about so many of you having children that did skip grades. Ive always been opposed to it simply for the fact that I didnt want her to have to grow up too fast but the truth of the matter is exactly what you said:
Originally Posted by trinity
I try to think the best I can about the breating kid I have in front of me, at every instance, informed by past experience AND imagination for the future.