Originally Posted by sanne
He only has had WISC IV, WIAT III, and WISC V for neuropsych. His processing speed is verrrrrrrrry sloooooooooooow. 21st percentile, low enough to drag down his FSIQ by 30 percentiles. Other than that, nothing noteworthy in neuropsych.

That's a really large gap in processing speed - did you get subtest scores? If so, were they about the same or was there a large discrepancy? There may very well be an important clue in the processing speed scores that is indicating something's up other than ADHD. When my kids had neuropsych evals, the neuropsych included additional testing to determine why discrepancies were observed in ability and achievement scores. Both my dyspraxic ds and my totally neurotypical dd (we had no idea she didn't have a challenge at one point lol!)... had large gaps in processing speed on their WISC, and they were both also given additional tests by the neurospych to determine if there were fine motor or visual processing issues. We discovered that my dd was experiencing severe double vision, and we found out through the additional tests that my ds' dip in processing speed was due to dyspraxia and fine motor challenges.

Originally Posted by sanne
I get how he's unhappy most the time, but he is causing his own unhappiness. It's so frustrating. I don't think there's anything left I can do about it more than to put him in public school so it's not affecting me and DS2 during the day.

While he may be behaving in a way that's causing unhappiness, I'd also consider that he may be struggling with things beyond his ability to cope. I don't think you can know the answer of what school setting is the right path until you know a little bit more for certain about whether or not he has a specific challenge.

Best wishes,

polarbear

ps - my dyspraxic ds loves music, and has studied piano and other instruments for years. He impresses the heck out of people when he plays piano, but it's primarily all played by ear - he has never enjoyed practicing from sheet music and always plays by memory once he's read a piece of music a few times. I have no idea whether or not that's related to his dyspraxia but wouldn't be surprised if it is.