I don't think that is the case @75west, but I appreciate you posting the links and read them. I will pass them on for my nephew who had apraxia of speech, has dysgraphia, and - recently discovered at 9 years old - stealth dyslexia. He is behaviorally similar to my DS10, but the main difference is my son will have occasional changes to good attitude and then good attention and math performance also. I had DS10 check one of his assignments last week and he was shocked that he'd gotten 75% on his first try. He doesn't see that he is improving with practice, but I think that's a bit of ADHD, age, and bad attitude wrapped up together where he's not able to look at situations objectively.

It's maddening that he'll pull huge long oppositions, and then have a total attitude change. He missed most of family vacation. He is behind in the state requirements for homeschooling and the deadline is June 30. I got all kinds of crap from my husband's family about insisting that DS10 would do one math lesson each morning before participating in vacation. Of course, DS10 dragged out his one math lesson until evening most of the days, but that's his choice. I'm sure I've covered my bases as far as homeschooling requirements and that there's no way I could be found guilty of educational neglect. But in my mind, I'm upset that he didn't do english, has not progressed with his writing tutor, has only covered 1/4 of the math, has not progressed in science, quit trumpet (his supposed passion), barely participating in piano. He's not doing electives, sports, clubs, activities, or any extracurricular activities that would justify reducing academics. Not even playing alone or with friends. But still, my husband's family has been pressuring me the past week to "let him be a kid" and "it's summer vacation", etc. Their kids participate in school, activities, friends, good grades, etc. Mine does not, and no summer vacation until he finishes school.