Originally Posted by master of none
Her comment about her being there to help and not entertain, besides being untrue: she's there to teach and at that age, half of teaching is holding their attention (entertaining them),

you may be able to "trick" her into stating that she can't meet your dd's needs. If you can get it in writing, and get it on the principal's computer/desk, you have grounds for asking for a new teacher.

For example, if you state dd has hearing loss and does not hear well with background noise or where she can't see the face, or whatever, and teacher says, she hears just fine, push her hard to say what she cannot do and why (while leading her with your gentle and understanding questioning that gives her comfort in stating your dd is a lazy good for nuthin who needs nothing but a kick in the butt). Then send a sympathetic email that you understand how hard her job is with all the kids and you are sorry that your dd has the hearing impairment that is increasing the burden further. And repeat back exactly what you got her to say so it's documented in the email. Then, you take your hearing test and the results of your eval, and make sure the recommendations are clearly stated. Give the email that states that the teacher is unable to provide the accommodations to the principal alongside the stated needs, so it's all there in black and white.

YES, I did this. You have to have a stomach for leading the teacher into the trap, but it works. You have a vulnerable teacher who seems willing to say politically incorrect things. You can exploit that to get what you need for your dd.

I am not above tricking her into saying what exactly is on her mind. And you are right that she does say politically incorrect things. She also appears oblivious that she does it. I was floored that she acted the way she did at the meeting in front of others. Luckily, I had to go alone and kept my cool and allowed her to act unprofessionally. I wanted the counselors and assistant principal to see how she treats parents and their concerns. Had DH been there the meeting would have gone very bad because he would've told her how he felt and then left.

Based off what you said I will weed through the emails because I may already have something. I have a very long back and forth of emails, one of which I replied with sympathy about the difficulties it must be to have DD disrupting her and other children. Maybe something is in there that I missed and she already did say in not so many words she can't help DD.

I will admit that I am one that doesn't like to rock the boat, so it is a little hard learning to advocate. DH is more than willing to rock more than one boat so I'm lucky to have him on my side smile