Polly: I am doing exactly what you suggested. It is so overwhelming but I enjoy knowing there are other options and support here.

Unfortunately, we have a poor teacher and she is not helpful. She is sarcastic and spiteful. She twists what I say. Very frustrating to say the least. I would feel much comfortable if I knew the teacher would do more than just mediocre for her students. The school not testing or having suggestions is an obstacle but I have private options so my main concern is this teacher. DD seems to like her from what I can tell. Says she yells a lot though.

I am so happy to have a place to express concern and get others insight and suggestions. I'm so anxious for the Eval and to see what is going on. I anticipate that the teacher will still show resistance. Homeschooling is a major option right now.

My mommy instincts are telling me something isn't right. My strong knowledge and science background needs this Eval to back me up. Without it I feel helpless and that "crazy parent" insisting that my child doesn't have behavior problems and she is bored. The teacher refuses to hear this though. She also refuses to acknowledge DD hearing loss (a hole in R ear with partial hearing loss and an ear drum that burst Monday from a severe ear infection, probably causing more hearing loss) as an issue since she performs well with some assignments and not with others. My mommy instincts and based off of research that there is a strong likelihood that DD is HG with a possible LD. She just doesn't seem to fit any disorders I have read about.

I know I shouldn't be but I feel crazy and judge.