Originally Posted by somewhereonearth
We also had a sarcastic and nasty teacher last year. She was only that way to us as far as I could tell. She made all kinds of sideways accusations including: we were paying our son to learn math at higher levels, we don't allow him to have play dates because we are too busy strapping him to a chair so that he could do advanced work,we taught him to not like age mates because we are teaching him to think he is better than everyone else. (My DS is so quiet and humble, i never understood that particular comment because she always told me that he was "humble".)

Anyway, those comments really stung me for a long time. I finally realized that I was doing nothing good for my son by lingering on my hurt. And of course, this is all about one thing really - getting my child's needs met. So I focus on that

Luckily she is not as rude as the teacher you stated above. DH would definitely have words if she were and I can understand how that would sting for a long time.

You are absolutely correct! This is about the child's needs and the focus on the teacher should be minimal in comparison. Which is why at the meeting I didn't mention the issues between her and I but focused on DD. Not that it seemed to make any difference being that she only dug herself deeper. I will continue to focus on DD because in the end that is the real issue/focus here and this teacher will only be around for 1 yr. DD may continue to have issues that need work beyond her.