Sorry to read this. I could have posted what you wrote almost exactly, about a year ago. The "problem" is that my DS is not a behavior problem at all...so when I came to school to investigate, everyone balked that my son is unhappy.

Trust your intuition. You are right. This advocacy is lonely. But you can come on this site and gets heaps of support and advice. Literally, it is what has gotten me to where we are now with my son.

If you can, get your child evaluated privately only. I am smack in the middle of evaluating my son now (for a grade skip and 2E) and so far our tester is uncovering loads of things that I KNOW the school would not have done. (Ex. DS is reading a few grade levels up but apparently the tester is noticing that he is "gaming" the system and probably has some dyslexia going on. The tester at school would have checked off the box "reads at or above grade level" and moved on.)

Again, trust that mommy instinct of yours and do not give up until your mommy instinct tells you to!

Last edited by somewhereonearth; 10/04/13 07:34 AM.