I would agree that she definitely comes off as negative and unhelpful. Even at open house when she was talking to the parents as a group about curriculum and what not, she was negative and up in arms is the impression I got. IT has been no different when she discusses DD. Being that she seems to have a blah attitude, I do feel she is more of the problem. Although DD is only in 1st grade, this is the first teacher to have "major issues." DD can be difficult, demanding, intense etc no doubt. I guess I expected to come to the table and not have to make all the suggestions and figure this out on my own so to speak. I'm not sure if they have a school psych. I know that I can visit DD's classroom and it's a simple set up. I will definitely have to observe to get a clear picture of the classroom setting.

They have a clip up/down color chart. They mentioned that it is not typical for a K or 1st grader to clip down as often as DD does. The suggestion for that was setting up a reward system at home based off the days she has at school. I'm nt sure I agree with this though. For 2 reasons, a) i do not get a progress report from the teacher daily (she is 1 out of 5 that don't do daily reports) so I am relying on DD to tell me. Which has been going well so far b) when DD has a bad day at school she doesn't usually have a bad day at home. I don't want to punish her for being bored or behavior that is a reaction to her environment. Does that make sense?