Back to twinkletoes comment. �I didn't have time to type more, but I sure want to commisurate. �The boy's latest game? �He lines up 3 stepstools and runs down the hall and jumps from stool to stool. �Rinse. Repeat. �For an hour at a time. �The mall playground is the best thing anyone ever thought to make. �We go to the outdoor playground less because of the extreme summer heat here. �
Originally Posted by ultramarina
--she said, in tones dripping with scorn, "Oh, I see you WORK with her a lot." It remains a vivid memory--probably too vivid.

In response to ultrimarina,
and possibly amitrine (since I'm not sure which part of my post you wanted a this new thread posted to discuss?)
I think maybe they think that if the parent does not show restraint then, "what does that leave for them to learn in kindergarten?" and the unspoken social ripples that choice makes.
I think there's another type who think that think along the lines of education, by nature, teaches a mind to think in a box. �Therefore, what a waste! �And so young. �That's almost right. �They say learning another language allows you to think about things that other culture believes that your culture doesn't even have words for (citation required), or something like that.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar