Originally Posted by La Texican
Ellemnope we talk about the ww too. We've been to the battleship Alabama. That book "baseball saved us" is on my Amazon wish list.

I need help in the history department. We spent a couple weeks in DC touring all the museums multiple times each and my have exposed DD to too much too soon. I have considerably backed off, because she got obsessed with war.

Just yesterday we were in the car listening to NPR. They were talking about some kind of UN thing going on. I actually wasn't listening. Who was? The three-year-old in the car seat. All of the sudden, she gets excited and yells, "weapon systems? Mustard gas! Nuclear weapons! Mom, did you hear that? They talking about war. I love war!" Then she started arguing with herself quietly about how she likes both war and peace.

You cannot make this stuff up, right?

But, it seems slightly inappropriate for a three year old. We did get two small books a couple weeks ago. One is about General Washington's Dog. The other is about Abe Lincoln's hat. They are perfect.

Still, last week she was being naughty and teased, "I'm rebelling. I'm a rebel!" I joked that Abe Lincoln would not approve. She got mad and said, "Abraham Lincoln is dead. He was seceded!" I told her she meant assassinated.

"Yeah, he was shot in the head," she said. OMG, how I wish I could take back that painting she saw in American History Museum.