Originally Posted by TwinkleToes
As for math facts, it was a brief time of practicing them, which simply meant I would write down problems or asking them aloud, for short spurts every other day. I am not sure most people would call it hothousing but in many ways I felt like a closet hothouser because this wasn't her activity of choice. Now that she has many math facts mastered, she doesn't mind it as much and we don't do it as often.
Wow - I'm so glad! My DS hated multiplication math facts when it was time to learn them at school, and I just couldn't figure out what to do with them (I still have trouble with 7x6,7x7,7x8) but luckily for us, DH who is like a human calculator took over and just rote quizzed DS on his rides to school - over and over and over and over and over again for months. Maybe I should ask DH to do that for me? (kidding) With me, I learn and forget, learn and forget, learn and forget again.

So yeah, I think the younger the child learns the multiplication tables the less chance there is they will get 'too old' to be interested and stuck with teachers thinking that they aren't good at math because they aren't fast enough for those 'Mad Minutes.' Assuming of course that the parent can find a way to teach them without irritating the child 'too much.'

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com