Originally Posted by CFK
Originally Posted by Wren
I think there is so much to offer a child without necessarily rushing them through college.

Why is it "rushing" them through college? With a negative connotation? That's the kind of language we (as parents of gifted, advanced children) hear all the time from the "outside" world that I don't expect to hear on this board. If a child's appropriate academic placement is college, than it's not rushing him by getting him there, no matter what his age.

I admit I read through this thread quickly, but it is the above one that made me do a double glance. Through her whole post this was what was pulled out and focused on. I don't think she is saying children shouldn't enter college early just that her own personal experience makes her ponder this choice for her daughter. Again, both our daughters are young and we are still trying to figure it all out but I agree with the horizontal approach. Saying this, I also know that with the enrichment that we are doing at home, we just might have to accelerate because the risk is DD becoming bored with the curriculum at school. Time will tell.