I think you missed the point. I was referring to my own acceleration and the result. Maybe I am an anomaly. Because I could do the work easily, quickly, it was move on. Attempting to find the challenge. And I think that was the problem. Accelerating to the point of finding the challenge.

And the result was: (drum roll please) that when I hit the workplace, and the challenge was too easy, there was something wrong. When I could get the job done, quickly and easily -- and I am not talking about jobs defined as easy, but ones that are somewhat rare and difficult to get -- but I got bored and wanted to move on -- which was disastrous for my general life.

That is the point. The lesson you are teaching is tha child needs to push to the point of challenge. Wait until they get to the workplace and they can do it easily and the challenge disappears. What do you think they should do?

In my experience, the results of attitude and inability to deal with the average person in the workplace -- who could be the boss, may not be so good.

I once sat in a meeting and said this is the situation to the people in charge. The other guy, said, that is not true. The boss knew me and asked again. I said, that if you believe him, I want off the project and no responsibility for the result. They went with him, and in 3 months came back to me carte blanche to fix it. And then after it was done, I was gone because I was a reminder of the mistaken choice they made and I was vocal about it above these guys. I fixed the problem, as best as it could be fixed but it was too far gone and a mess.

Typical of the workplace your children will face from the in the box average guy.

Ren