I am back to respond to the comments.

Rushing: When I was in high school, I had a lot of extra time to make a national team. I remember my history teacher telling me that I missed 56 days of school that year. Yet, was still top of the class and 3 years ahead in sciences and math.

I think the acceleration, and I do have DD accelerated with CTY math, can create a momentum of acceleration within the child of "you are able to do this and move ahead" and I remember getting in my head, that after a year I could get into medical school and within 5 years I would be done. DH's good friend did that. He went to Thomas Jefferson in Philadelphia at 16 and by 20 was an MD.

DH didn't accelerate. In high school, he won a bunch of science competitions, did boy scouts activities, went to Chile for a semester and then went to Harvard. He really enjoyed Harvard, didn't rush. He spent some time down in DC working as an intern.

I still feel like I am racing to nowhere.

Which makes me truly ambivalent. Because I want DD to have challenge, good work habits yet I don't want her to feel like she is racing to get things done. It really is part of my psyche.

Her science program is accelerated, her math is accelerated yet she isn't acclerated in school. And I struggle with that. I also struggle with the social aspects since I partied too much and didn't always make the right social decisions. I was hoping more for nerdy but I can see now that my extrovert could go easily over to my experience. Not so keen for that. There is part of me that fights to get her accelerated.

And part of me that wants to give some space and not make her feel like she should rush.

I am sorry that horizontal diversification didn't work. I am finding that there is so much more for her to experience. Now being highly competitive, like I was, does eat up a lot of time, but I am not that keen to pursue that as everthing else has to go eventually to make room for that.

I am not sure. I am more on the fence that my diatribe suggests.

Ren