I'm sorry to hear about the math, locounu. It sounds like a meeting we had with our DS's local school before we transferred him to the HG school. Except they were telling us that he wasn't ready for higher math because his writing wasn't good enough. Ugh. We did finally get that school to agree to let DS test out of the units and then go to the GT teacher for new material, but we didn't stick around long enough to see if it would work. That must be so frustrating for you and your DS. frown When our DS was in kindy and not getting enough, we did join EPGY and DS did that at home after school, which worked OK. If you're willing and able to teach your DS, it might not be a bad plan versus getting absolutely nothing new at school.

shellymos, thanks for the support! I guess a lot does have to do with personality and individual kids. Lately I've been getting more of "I wish I never went to this school. If I had to take a test again to get in, I would purposely get all the answers wrong so I wouldn't qualify." We know it's a great fit though, and he's doing great. And the conference went well. DS is doing great academically, and the teacher said she has seen no issues with him being a grade skipper (except that it might take more practice to get up to some of the other kids in writing). I am really happy with DS's school. I hope your conferences go well too.