DS's teacher decided to give him the winter MAP test yesterday on the in-class computer. With pencil and paper, he got a much improved score over the fall-- if they were just going on the numbers, he'd be at least pulled out to fifth for math, where he'd probably still feel a bit past most of the material (though we've been studying at home only desultorily, and not for a couple of weeks). Instead, he is in the highest second-grade math group, where they've been studying topics including addition and subtraction with carrying/borrowing, writing numbers in expanded form, etc. He hates it, though he does his best to fit in. frown

I am underwhelmed by the results of the skip, especially considering the time we've put in on advocacy to get it and what we've been told along the way. I am thinking of invoking a new NH law that lets a parent object to anything taught to their child, just because I'm so ticked off at this point. All the grand plans have turned out to result in delegating everything to the teacher, and using enrichment suitable for bright or MG children while studying material at grade level. They just don't get it.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick