lucouno, I hope you get some answers and they come up with a better plan for your DS soon!! I am sure that is quite frustrating! the more indepth adding and subtracting is quite annoying to you I am sure. I am all for enrichment and horizontal learning as well...but more when you are at the right level not several years behind. I am not sure why it is taking them that long to come up with a plan for him. Waiting until December 1st? That's just crazy!

Our DS7 is in 3rd and they have him go to 5th for math (because the school only goes up to 5th grade). In the class he also does a computer program and is finishing up 7th grade on that program. I go back and forth about what is best because while I would rather him be in a class with kids, I also realize that his pace is faster than one grade a year. So I am not sure if that is the answer either. Last year in 2nd he went to a 4th grade class but they told me he completed 5th grade that year too so I am confused about the repetition. He is doing fine in 5th grade now, but it's annoying because he isn't learning anything really. I guess we will see what they say at his conference coming up next week. Regarding online programs our DS7 enjoys khan academy...but it's not really a curriculum. We also did EPGY and that was good too.

Good luck to you!