Originally Posted by frannieandejsmom
Day 4 of school.. I'm getting an ulcer frown

I'm sorry! Being stressed about working with the system is what helped led to homeschooling for us. Hope you can work through your early year problems! I think the first few weeks can be super stressful for everyone.

My daughter turned 7 this summer and we're starting homeschool back up next week. She was tested this spring and really showed her colors. She's had a pretty easy ride so far, but she's young for grade and we're still working on writing/spelling here. It's coming strong though and I'm going to push a little harder this year.

She's going to dance 4 hours a week this year after her dance instructors advanced her up with the 8-10 year olds as a newly turned 7. Not sure what to think of that, but hopefully it won't be too much and will be a good challenge for her. I wouldn't consider it if we weren't homeschooling! Violin has been a good challenge for her too and she's racing now in that as well. This kid has attitude though, I have to tread a little more gently than with my first who is pretty much a rules kind of guy.

Have a great year everyone!