Originally Posted by NCPMom
Just got a message from ds8's 3rd grade teacher - she's trying to figure out how to get him into 4th grade math - the schedules just aren't meshing. The best she can come up with is to have him miss afternoon recess in order to go to math. Don't know how well that will go down with him frown Though she did also say that he'll be going to 4th grade for reading, during part of her 3rd grade math, which is something new ! I guess we'll have to see how it goes. Wonder how she'd react if we suggested he just moved up to 4th grade full time ? wink

Well, I guess I misunderstood - he won't go to 4th during 3rd math, she's going to have him do an extra reading/blogging activity during part of 3rd grade math. Ds says he doesn't mind missing afternoon recess, so starting next week will go to 4th for math, and we'll see how it goes. He also got his first set of spelling words this week, he has to look up the definitions and write a sentence using each word; and they also have to do other activities using their spelling words, which count towards their grades. I'm SO excited - this is the first year they actually have grades - I guess it's the little things that make me happy wink