Thanks, st pauli girl. At one point last year we dealt with something similar. IIRC at one point DS-then-5's occasional 2-reversals were used as evidence that he was in an appropriate placement for math.

I hoped that this year would resolve all our issues for at least a couple of years going forward, and the plan from last year was supposed to have been implemented by the start of this year; instead we will have gotten solved math-wise until at least half the year is gone, if then.

We've had a lot of struggles this year, and now the teacher seems to have become a bit of an obstacle, but is less open about it than last year's teacher. Last year's teacher was open about her beliefs about what was best for DS6, and acted accordingly. This year's teacher ignores attempts at contact via email. She cut short DS's MAP test for reading, and didn't provide him with paper for the first part of the math test (he still tested quite well, though he was stuck trying to do long division and multi-digit multiplication in his head). We've seen a steady stream of things like this.

I wish we had access to a gifted school. One gifted charter was proposed to the NH DOE, but somehow during the approval process morphed into an open-enrollment school with only 52 slots, opening in 2012. I will probably apply, but I'm not holding my breath for that to be the solution either.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick