Has she read the non fiction companion books? My DS loved those because they were less story more fact.

Funny you should mention this--DD said she's done with the MTH book they're all reading so is reading this now. It does look like it's a bit harder.

And yes, they are doing odd and even and money too. Again, I hope it's review, but I don't know.

She does seem to be getting some great on-level writing instruction (she is an advanced writer and the teacher does seem to be meeting her where she is there) and has a research project to plan that she is excited about. But the meat and potatoes isn't impressing me so far.

In my more anxious moments I feel like we threw her 3yo brother under the bus for nothing. (DS lost his spot at DD's charter when we moved her; the magnet doesn't start till gr 2 and the zoned school is not an option, so we are going to be scrambling. DS has become quite a bit more difficult and is appearing more gifted seemingly by the day. His preschool has a different crop of younger kids this year--most of his buddies are in K now--and he is frustrated there after loving it up till this time. I thought he was my easy kid who would do fine most anywhere, and now I think I was wrong.)

Last edited by ultramarina; 09/09/11 05:13 AM.