Grinity, thanks for your insight on that video, I felt so conflicted after watching it, it was a HUGE relief when my DD said that the meds really did not inhibit or alter her thinking at all but rather made it less frustrating and more efficient. I do see though, how the "us against them" mentality could arise when so many are so often mistreated/misunderstood because of their uniqueness. I can see the desire to turn it around and celebrate the positive aspects of it, but perhaps this took that just a little too far. Honestly, until a couple of months ago, I truly believed that ADHD was fictional affliction and that the meds were the "powers that be"'s way of handling the "difficult kids" by drugging them.

As for the Psych, I don't know how much of the report he had anything to do with, the diagnostician spent the most time with my DD and built a rapport with both of us, she mentioned suspicions of ADD inattentive and depression on day 1. The Psych met with us for 30 minutes 3 weeks later and did not really say much that indicated to me that he had looked past the summary provided by the diagnostician. He kept looking at his watch and yes, the few things he did say rubbed me the wrong way but I think we got closer to where we needed to be whether it was because of him or in spite of him so I am not going to sweat it. It just added to my uneasiness over the whole meds thing in the first place when I was hoping the Psych would be able to reassure me in some way.

Verona, thanks for the info, I will share that with my DD although the article states something to the effect that the methodology in the current research needed some work. My DD is very much of the "show me the valid research or I wont believe it" mentality.
Wow, I wonder why the Dr suggested 3mg to start with, my DD isn't all that big either!

Thanks, as always for the insights and responses.
Nik