My son is PG and the school was pondering ADHD. When we talked to Davidson, we were referred for a neuropsych evaluation.

Based on initial discussions, ADHD was a definite question mark.

After the testing, the neuropsych said absolutely no attention issues at all. She recommended appropriate placement at school - (skipping 2 more grades) - as a way of addressing the behavior issues.

I'd advise you to check out "Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis of Gifted Children". Read the chapter on ADHD and see what your gut says after that.

I read it and concluded that I bought the neuropsych's diagnosis of no ADHD. I recommended it to a friend and she came to peace, for the first time, with the ADHD diagnosis of her son. She had always felt bad about having him on meds, but after reading the book, she felt better about it.

The bottom line is that it can be hard to accurately diagnose it in a gifted kids. Sometimes, their intelligence allows them to appear not ADHD on a test. Sometimes their intelligence allows them appear ADHD in class or any place else where they are bored.

Mary

Mary