Here's a link regarding Melatonin and ADHD.
http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com...lp-adhd-sleep-problems-in-children.shtml

I know plenty of kids with sleep problems that Melatonin didn't help, but it was wonderful for my son, who is 2E: PG and ADD. We started when he was 8 years old, and it was remarkable, the first time I had ever seen him in a drowsy state in his entire 8 years. Even as a toddler, he would get 'wound up' instead of sleepy. He loved not laying in bed waiting hours for sleep to arrive. He is also a very light sleeper, woken up by the slightest noise, and able to be instantly alert even when breathing deeply and regularly for 30 minutes.

I've also heard that kids who get even an hour less sleep than average per night tend to act like children a grade or two younger in terms of ADHD-like behaviors. So there must be a few kids who have ADHD behavior merely from lack of sleep. Once my son started taking stimulants for his ADD, he didn't seem to need the Melatonin anymore. Of course that was around the time that he started being allowed to stay up later than us, so it's hard to tell.

Verona, I'm glad to hear that your son has no more dark circles! Try making the bedtime, and the administration of melatonin time even earlier - see what happens!

Love and More love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com